I have always enjoyed ‘Talk like a Pirate Day’ in speech therapy! I think I have as much fun as the kids do by pulling out my pirate patch and hook and spending the day pretending I am on a search for treasure! Check out these ten Pirate freebies that I found.
- WH Pirate Questions by Speech Therapy with Courtney Gragg– This packet includes who, what, where, when, why, and how questions all with a pirate theme! I’m excited to use this!
- Fun for a Pirate by Activity Tailor– These open ended drill pages are engaging. You can easily use dice with these pages or a spinner.
- Pirate Talk by Nicole Brezel– This free packet includes conversation starters using open-ended questions. Great for expanding conversation and working on reasoning too!
- Pirate Clues Early Inferencing by Peachie Speechie – Provide students a copy of the visual clues page and see if they can determine which pirate themed item is being described. Great for working on descriptions too.
- Talk like a Pirate Speech and Language Activities by Tech N’ Talk SLPs– This packet has fun ideas for articulation, language, and fluency. It also includes a game board!
- Articulation Gameboards by Renee Brown SLP– This packet contains articulation game boards for /k/ and /g/ with an electronic spinner.
- Pirate Prepositions by The Busy Bee SLP– You will find 16 preposition picture cards with a pirate theme.
- Synonym Boom Cards by GoldieTalks Speech– This interactive boom card freebie has an animal pirate theme and provides the main word and a field of three options to find the synonym
- Argh! Where’s my Treasure Articulation Activitiy by Mrs. Paulk’s Products – This freebie provides multiple descriptions for students to figure out what /r/ word is being described. Students then move across a game board.
- Penny’s Treasure Hunt Digital Game for /v/ by The Cincy Speechie– This cute treasure hunt digital game features initial /v/.
Talk like a Pirate Day in Speech by Speech Therapy Plans- Check out these cute ideas to incorporate into speech!