Is it quickly moving from Autumn to Winter where you live? It is here! It is cold, wet, frosty, and has me dreaming of cuddling up to the fireplace with hot cocoa while my daughter plays out in the snow! I think that is why I am already pulling out the Winter resources to get a jump start on planning therapy for the season. Have you started planning out therapy for Winter? Check out these ten Winter (seasonal) freebies that I found.
- No Print Winter Pronouns and Verbs by Allison Fors– Targets pronouns (he, she, they) receptively and expressively. It also includes a winter scene that is perfect for working on generating sentences, s-blends, and narration!
- Winter Yes/No by Speech Universe – Simple yes/no cards with a Winter theme. These are great for identifying same/different, yes/no, and the category of winter clothing (scarf, mittens).
- Winter Clues by Peachie Speechie– Love these inferencing pages by Peachie Speechie. You can use it not only for targeting inferencing skills but also categories, descriptions, part-whole, etc..
- Early Inference Thanksgiving Clues by Peachie Speechie – Great for working on inferencing skills and descriptions.
- Open-Ended Winter Dot & Color Articulation Sheets by Language Speech and Literacy – Although these are made to address articulation goals (isolation, word, phrase, etc..), you can actually use these cute sheets to keep track of trials of any goal.
- Would You Rather Winter Edition Boom Cards by SpeechBop – This Boom Card set asks winter themed questions. Perfect for language students working on sentence formulation, reasoning, answering questions and carryover articulation and fluency students too!
- Winter Social Skills Idioms by SmartmouthSLP – This freebie includes 8 Winter themed idioms!
- What Belongs Winter Boom Cards by Looks Like Language – This is a super cute free boom set and is perfect for mixed groups. Students decide which action/item is appropriate for winter and then add it to the pictured scene. At the end, students have a scene which provides additional practice answering questions, narration, using fluency strategies, and carryover articulation.
- Winter Correct the Sentence Boom Cards by Miss B SLP – This Boom card packet provides sentences riddled with grammatical errors that older students need to correct and type in the correct sentence.
- Winter Listening and Following Directions by Mia McDaniel – This little packet provides three different pictured scenes. Two of the scenes include color and draw instructions and the third includes cut and paste instructions. In addition, a large list of winter themed words by phoneme!
15 Winter Activities by Jenn Acorn – Love these ideas!