I use a lot of themed resources and activities in speech therapy. The apple theme, I tend to include in when I am covering Autumn as a whole. We talk about apple orchards, the parts of an apple, and apple treats, and our experiences and preferences with orchards and treats.
For full disclosure, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my favorite books or games listed below. I have them linked below in case you are interested in expanding your resources for this theme. Other links, to freebies, songs, videos, and online games are not affiliated links. I wanted to share with you apple-themed resources that you can incorporate into your own therapy sessions and help make planning simpler.
APPLE THEMED BOOKS for LITERACY-BASED THERAPY:
- Bad Apple by Edward Hemingway
- The Biggest Apple by Steven Kroll
- The Apple Orchard Riddle by Margaret McNamara
- Little Mouse and the Big Red Apple by A.H. Benjamin
- Apple Trouble! by Ragnhild Scamell
- Apple Picking Day by Candice Ransom
- Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd
- Apples, Apples Everwhere by Robin Kootz
- The Apple Pie that Papa Baked by Lauren Thompson
- The Mouse’s Apples by Frances Stickley
APPLE THEMED SONGS:
- Apples by Treehouse Direct
- Way Up High on the Apple Tree by The Kidboomers – Kids Music Channel
- Apple Song by Hooplakidz
- I Love Apples! by Harry Kindegarten Music
APPLE THEMED VIDEOS:
- Let’s Go to an Apple Orchard by Super Simple Play
- Apple Tree Life Cycle by Dr. Townsend
- Facts about Apples for Kids by Hey! Guess What
APPLE THEMED BOARD GAMES (BG) and ONLINE GAMES (O):
- Newton’s Apple Tree by Skillmatics Store (BG)
- Apples to Apples 7+ by Mattel (BG)
- Squiggly Worms by Pressman (BG)
- Apple Pop It! by Easy Peasy Toys
- Apple Catch by Funbrain (O)- a fun reinforcement activity to use in therapy.
- Apple Picking Hidden Picture by Highlights Kids (O) – target vocabulary, functions, descriptions, categories, and giving instructions.
- Harvest Apples Hidden Picture by Highlights Kids (O) – target a variety of language goals such as the ones already mentioned above.
APPLE THEMED FREEBIES:
- Make Your Own Candy Apple Open-Ended Boom Card Game by Speak and Teach PH
- Apple Facts Interactive Book and Describing Mat by The Speech Meadow
- Green Apple Dough Visual Recipe by Kristine Lamb
- Apple Themed Vocabulary and Grammar Worksheets Freebie by Mrs. H’s Speech Therapy Room
- Sequencing Mini-books with an Apple Picking Theme by Activity Tailor