Looking for new St. Patrick’s Day-themed activities and resources for your speech and language therapy sessions? Below you will find my favorite St. Patrick’s Day-themed resources and activities that I incorporate into my own therapy sessions. Hopefully, you will find some great new tools to help your students make gains and feel successful with their speech and language skills. Check out below for the resources and activities that I will be using this year!
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED BOOKS for LITERACY-BASED THERAPY:
- Jack and the Leprechaun by Ivan Robertson
- The Luckiest Leprechaun: A Tail-Wagging Tale of Friendship by Justine Korman
- How to Trap a Leprechaun by Sue Fliess
- Hooray for St. Patrick’s Day by Joan Holub
- Three Ways to Trap a Leprechaun by Tara Lazar
- Green Shamrocks by Eve Bunting
- Clever Tom and the Leprechaun by Linda Shute
- The Luckiest St Patrick’s Day Ever by Teddy Slater
- The Leprechaun Under the Bed by Teresa Bateman
For full disclosure, as an Amazon Associate, the above links for books are affiliate links. Check out this blog post with three other St. Patrick’s Day Books that you may be interested in! St Patrick’s Day Books for Speech Therapy
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED RESOURCES:
- St. Patrick’s Day: No Prep Speech & Language– Target the most common articulation errors in all word positions and in mixed pages, and language skills such as functions, verbs, synonyms, and categories using dice and spinner games.
- Find Articulation and Follow Directions: St. Patrick’s Day– Target articulation skills by searching for hidden words scattered in the pictured scenes using a magnifying glass, follow 2 step temporal directions, and answer wh-questions about the pictured scenes. There is also additional information on ways that you can use this resource to target additional goals.
- Shamrock Speech and Language Crafts– Target the most common articulation errors in all word positions, a variety of language tasks, phonological processing errors, and apraxia.
- St. Patrick’s Day Articulation Mystery Pictures– Target articulation in all word positions and with mixed positions pages while practicing fine motor skills. This resource is perfect with mixed groups, extra practice at home, or as a resource within your speech and language station.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Open-Ended Games and Zombie Valentine’s Day Open-Ended Games– Great way to reinforce student behavior and engagement while targeting skills.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED SONGS:
- Dance Dance Leprechauns Dance by The Kiboomers- Kids Music Channel
- Five Little Leprechauns Jumping on the Bed by The Kiboomers- Kids Music Channel
- Leprechauns are Marching by The Kiboomers- Kids Music Channel
- Five Little Shamrocks by The Kiboomers- Kids Music Channel
- I’m a Little Leprechaun by The Kiboomers- Kids Music Channel
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED VIDEOS:
- St Patrick’s Day Facts for Kids by Hey! Guess What
- St Patrick’s Day Facts for Kids by Homeschool Pop
- Build a Leprechaun Trap by GoldieBlox
- Take a Virtual Field Trip to an Irish Dance Academy by South Florida PBS
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED BOARD GAMES (BG) and ONLINE GAMES (O):
- St Patrick’s Day Puzzles by HelloKids (O)
- St Patrick’s Day Crossword Puzzle by Digipuzzle.net (O)
- St Patrick’s Day Tic Tac Toe by Digipuzzle.net (O)
- St Patrick’s Day Wordsearch by Primarygames.com (O)
ST. PATRICK’S DAY THEMED FREEBIES:
- Shamrock Auditory Recall by Thumb Bunny Speech
- St Patrick’s Day Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary Activities by Nomadic Speech and Language Therapy
- 10 St. Patrick’s Day Freebies for Speech & Language Therapy Blog Post
- St. Patrick’s Day Books for Literacy-based Learning with Cheat Sheet
- Find the Pot of Gold No Print Reinforcer by Tech ‘n Talk SLPs
- St Patrick’s Day Bingo by Itty Bitty Speech
- St. Patrick’s Day Articulation Story: R-blends by The Speech Spot Creations