Valentine’s day is approaching! I love incorporating fun holiday activities whenever I can in therapy. I feel that it breaks up my lesson plans and brings a bit of excitement to the lessons. Check out these ten Valentine’s Day-themed freebies I found!
- Grab my Valentine’s Day Conversational Exchange Mats – This freebie includes two different mats for tracking conversational exchange and a Venn diagram for students to identify things that they have in common!
- Valentine’s Day Puppets by The Power of Speech- This is a cute craft that easily lends itself to targeting pronouns, vocabulary, social and functional communication and following directions. After students have made their puppets, they can practice giving their puppet different items in the speech room.
- Valentine’s Day Open-Ended Games by Ms. Gardenia’s Speech Room – I love using open-ended games to pull mixed groups together and as a motivator for student behavior.
- Valentine’s 100 Trials Drill Sheets by Ashley Rossi – This fun packet includes 3 different sheets to color while practicing drills.
- Valentine’s Day Vocabulary Book by Speech is Sweet – These free little booklets build vocabulary and targets /k/, /v/, and /l/.
- Love Idioms by Speech Paths – This freebie provides multiple idioms and their definitions for an interactive matching game!
- Valentine’s Day Riddles by Kristine Lamb – Such a perfect way to work on inference!
- Cupid Quandry Social Skills by SmartmouthSLP – This set of sticky situations was created with upper elementary and middle school students in mind.
- Valentine Phonology Cards by My Speech Tools – This free pack has cards for final consonant deletion, fronting, gliding, and syllable deletion.
- Picture Chats: Valentine’s Day by Katrina Bevin – This cute scene is perfect for carryover articulation, language, and working on fluency techniques.
Fab Five Freebies for Valentine’s: Part 2 by The Digital SLP- Yah! More freebies!
Valentine’s Day Free and Paid Resources Roundup by The Dabbling Speechie – Check out this big list!
30 Valentine’s Freebies for Speech Therapy by Speech Sprouts – Love all of these free resources!
Valentine Speech Therapy Activities by Speech2U – The q-tip blow dart game looks so fun!
Valentine’s Day Easy Crafts by Speech Room News – Love the articulation and language wreaths idea!
Valentine’s Day Activities for Speech and Language by Speech and Language Kids – Contains three fun and functional activities!
Kiss Me! Valentine’s Day Activities by Home Speech Home – Check out all the ways that you can use conversational candy hears in therapy!