Do you need new Valentine’s Day-themed activities and resources for your speech and language therapy sessions? I know for the longest time, I would have my students create valentine’s day cards for their parents and while doing so we would target their articulation sounds, language used to follow directions and give instructions, etc… Although that is still an engaging and functional activity for my students, it does get exhausting doing it session after session and year after year. Check out below for the resources and activities that I will be using this year!
For full disclosure, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my favorite books listed below. I have them linked below in case you are interested in expanding your resources for this theme. Other links, to freebies, songs, videos, and online games are not affiliated links. Below you will find my favorite Valentine’s Day-themed resources and activities to incorporate into my own therapy sessions. Hopefully, by sharing with you, you will find some additional tools for your speech toolbelt.
VALENTINE’S DAY THEMED BOOKS for LITERACY-BASED THERAPY:
- Love Monster by Rachel Bright
- The Night Before Valentine’s Day by Natasha Wing
- Click, Clack, Moo I Love You! by Doreen Cronin
- Valensteins by Ethan Long
- The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
- A Crankenstein Valentine by Samantha Berger and Dan Santat
- Mouse’s First Valentine by Lauren Thompson
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
- Splat the Cat: Funny Valentine by Rob Scotton
- The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda Ferber
Check out this blog post with three other Valentine’s Day Books that you may be interested in! Valentine’s Day Books for Speech Therapy
VALENTINE’S DAY THEMED RESOURCES:
- Find Articulation and Follow Directions: Valentine’s Day– Target articulation skills by searching for hidden words scattered in the pictured scenes using a magnifying glass, follow 2 step temporal directions, and answer wh-questions about the pictured scenes. There is also additional information on ways that you can use this resource to target additional goals.
- Valentine’s Day: No Prep Speech & Language– Target the most common articulation errors in all word positions and in mixed pages, and language skills such as functions, verbs, synonyms, and categories using dice and spinner games.
- Valentine’s Day Language Builder– This resource targets vocabulary, recalling sentences and details, answering wh-questions, following 1-3 step directions, descriptive concepts, inferencing, and more!
- Valentine’s Day Articulation Mystery Pictures– Target articulation in all word positions and with mixed positions pages while practicing fine motor skills. This resource is perfect with mixed groups, extra practice at home, or as a resource within your speech and language station.
- Valentine’s Day: Open-Ended Games and Zombie Valentine’s Day Open-Ended Games– Great way to reinforce student behavior and engagement while targeting skills.
VALENTINE’S DAY THEMED SONGS:
- Valentine’s Day Song with Movement by Jack Hartmann Kids Music Channel
- If You Love Me and You Know It by Kiboomers – Kids Music Channel
- The Heart Song by Kiboomers – Kids Music Channel
- Skidamarink by Pinkfong
- I’m a Little Valentines by Kiboomers – Kids Music Channel
- 5 Little Hearts by Kiboomers – Kids Music Channel
- Boom Chicka Boom Valentine’s Day by TheLearningStation
VALENTINE’S DAY THEMED VIDEOS:
- Valentine’s Day Facts for Kids by Homeschool Pop
- 10 DIY Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas by Emma DIY
- Valentine’s Day Facts for Kids by Hey! Guess What!
- How to Make Paper Hearts by Arts & Crafts
VALENTINE’S DAY THEMED BOARD GAMES (BG) and ONLINE GAMES (O):
- Valentine’s Jigsaw Puzzle by PrimaryGames.Com (O)
- Valentine’s Day Word Jumble by PrimaryGames.Com (O)
- Valentine’s Day Word Munchman by PrimaryGames.Com (O)
- Valentine’s Day Word Search by PrimaryGames.com (O)
VALENTINE’S DAY THEMED FREEBIES:
- Valentine’s Day Conversational Exchange Freebie
- Valentine’s Day Speech Lib Freebie by Stacy Crouse
- Valentine’s Day Social Skills by Speech Me Maybe
- Valentine’s Day Open-Ended Boom Cards by Mia McDaniel
- Valentine’s Day Speech Party by Speech Therapy Plans
- 10 Valentine’s Day Freebies for Speech & Language Therapy Blog Post
- Valentine’s Day Books for Literacy-based Learning with Cheat Sheet
Want more great tips, tricks, and ideas for successful speech therapy? Subscribe to our FREE newsletter, or visit us on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook.